Today I’m traveling and I have a hard time sometimes taking snacks with me, I am very creative with my choices (Like taking a Ziploc containing sashimi salmon garnished with lemon in between mini icepacks) but not everyone is as out of the norm like me. Here are some more normal choices that might save your day!
Before your trip!
Plan a trip to the grocery store or assault the fridge at home. Look for healthy snacks to take with you and some that are not that good.
- Hummus with any vegetable
- Protein bar (choose wisely) or Powdered protein (for the fit girl in you)
- Fruit (take something simple like bananas, pears, apples etc.)
- Nuts, buy travel size so you can take care of portions
- Pack your own sandwich made out with your fav healthy meats (tuna is my fav)
- Almond butter with an apple or rice cakes
- Edamame in a Ziploc
- Hardboiled eggs
- Pack your own mini salad
Not that bad
- Chips (a small package won’t kill you)
- Dark chocolate or small chocolate of your preference
- Greek yogurt with fresh fruit
Already at the airport and forgot your snacks?
What to get
- Get some water, we need a lot of hydration while on the air
- Get a multigrain sandwich hopefully with tuna or some non-processed meat no
- Mini snack sets and hardboiled/tortilla eggs to go by Starbucks
- Plain coffee (no syrups)
- Look for that salad with sauce on the side
What to avoid
- Fast food, tempting but stay away!
- Sugary drinks, juices, soda or coffee (Gatorade and any Frappuccino is also in this list)
- Baked goods (anything that is not multigrain should be a no go)
- Oatmeal with sugar added or non-fresh fruit
- Dried fruit, it lacks all the fiber and its sugar content is high
- Gummies, chocolate or snacks
Made it to the plane snack-less?
- Try to avoid plane dinners they are carb/lactose/sugar loaded, you can grab some tea or coffee and wait until you land, although I understand how hard is to resist the cravings
- Choose between the healthiest dinner option
- Focus on eating the protein and only eating one carb, it usually is pasta with bread so choose only one and leave the dessert for another day
Tell me what do you like to take with you!