I give recognition to the women that have influenced my life with small or big actions. Women who have empowered me and others. Hopefully you will find them empowering too.Read More
Two voices of the same person wrote this piece. The first side is usually the very pessimistic, hard and raw and sees the world with bitter and judgmental eyes. The second one in contrast is hopeful and nice, sees the same idea in a positive and understanding way. They see the same thing just a different interpretation.
Here is what the person saw:
I was watching Ozark while on a plane and at the end of the episode there is a moment where the main character is hit by what is happening to him. How his life had changed from being a good parent, a hardworking man, and a great husband all while he was laundering money for a drug cartel. All while his wife had an affair. All while his friend was putting his life at risk. And then it hit him that he didn’t mean to do wrong, he wanted to do his best with what life put in front of him and he still wanted to feel alive.
The first set of eyes:
This moment brings me to my conclusion of why we watch tv series like this. To forget. To feel free. To think that our life is more exciting. People call it entertainment I call it lying to yourself.
Going out and doing something to free yourself out from the day to day. Putting yourself in the risk of creating a better life is far scarier than sitting down and watching the life of the drug lord, the life of the cheating wife, the life of the adventurer. Then you can feel better with your routine.
Second pair of eyes:
While watching this character, the moment when he realizes that he made the wrong choices, made me realize that we can reflect and meditate, feel grateful for the life that we have. Making me figure that there are many ways to passively meditate.
And then it hit me, all this series serve as a pause, as a standstill, a way to meditate about your life. A way to understand that you have made the right choices in life and that your life is potentially the best path you took. Sometimes learning into new ways for to improve your life and sometimes as a self-examining of various situations. Mostly on how not to’s.
This is the same person just different disposition based on their life experiences and how the same person battles and makes an effort to improve, redirect their thoughts to see the same thing with better light. reconsider the negative and think positively of the world.
Are the voices in your head the same as this? Then we might have a lot in common. And a great deal of growth to do.
My head needs structure and direction therefore to get things done I need lists and lists and reminders and lists and more lists (I have three different note pads based on urgency/topic on my office desk).
This also applies to my daily life and routine. I read this post from Mia Astral, who is an amazing astrologist/feminist/selflove guru/and much more. She recommends setting up weekly goals on Sundays. I created a reminder for myself so that on this day I think about what needs to be done and said for the week.
Here are some tips!
- Set your weekly goals by thinking what do you want to achieve this week but make them small instead of huge (small steps to a bigger purpose).
IE: You want to learn Japanese but that is not a weekly attainable goal so you can make it smaller. Dedicate one listening session of Japanese a day during the weekday.
- Give your goals a place on your routine.
IE: Let’s say you drive to work for 20 min so you can dedicate those 20 min freshly starting your day to that Japanese listening session
- Make sure to give yourself a few days to set up one goal into your life. Setting more than one at the same time can be frustrating and you can burn down fast.
- Always remember to have one goal a day to meditate/feel gratitude/thank someone/do a random act of kindness/give yourself some selflove. It will make you feel appreciative and positive of what you have.
I’ve come to a point where I have set a good amount of goals (to some point I get on an off to take a break, I am certainly not a machine and i don't adhere to them perfectly. This is trial and error. 😊)
Remember to start small so you don't go crazy.
Here are my current goals in bigger form and broken down into smaller weekly goals:
Take care of myself more:
- Go to the gym: Early in the mornings or late at night (5-6 times a week)
- Eat Right: I set up a food delivery service with healthy options (all week days)
- Sleep well: I give myself 8 hours to sleep im in bed by 10pm (all week)
- Meditate/practice infinite love and gratitude: In the mornings (1 time a week)
- Read a book to motivate myself: before going to sleep (2-3 times a week)
- Write a blog post: any time (once a week)
- Learn Japanese: driving to work (every weekday morning)
Have some fun
- Go to volley at least once a week (Wed/Sat)
- Go out to with friends (weekends)
- Head to the beach/Take a stroll (weekends)
- Read an article: in the office (once a week)
- Practice patience/Be kind even when I’m very busy (as much as I can)
- Be more proactive (as much as I can)
- Practice emotional intelligence (when the challenge comes up)
This is how I hope to become a better person every day. I hope these tips come in handy, let me know about your goals and any advise you may have for my own.
If you havent read Jobhunt E01 please read here
My day starts:
- Get out of bed, look for work
- Start making breakfast, look for work in between
- Get in the shower, look for work
Yeah basically look for work, in anything Marketing related... I am a Marketing Strategist, Coordinator, Analyst, Social Media Specialist, Digital Expert, Account Manager, Project Manager, Slave, Client Babysitter... You name it and I do it.
Be aware there are many scams, sales related, outside of the Florida area, door to door, worst than slavery jobs. Be careful of all the entry level opportunities with training and great salary training, they will brainwash you, run for your lives.
Apply, Apply, Apply, Eat, Sleep, Repeat
For me fun is looking for a job, no rest, no gym, no snacking, anything is out of the question until the first set of interviews come. A friend of mine once told me "Looking for a job is your job" for me it became my life.
When the interviews came that was another story.
In business there are KPI's of Key Performance indicators. The complete definition is:
A key performance indicator (KPI) is a business metric used to evaluate factors that are crucial to the success of an organization. KPIs differ per organization; business KPIs may be net revenue or a customer loyalty metric, while government might consider unemployment rates.
From now on I am going to treat myself as a business. Establish KPI's focused on my success as Stephanie Sardi. Work on them step by step, the Kaizen way (activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees... ME). To achieve my KPI's I will work on small tasks towards my improvement as a human being , professional, friend, lover and daughter.
To achieve these I will Plan -> Do -> Check -> Act and when something went wrong I will ask myself the 5 why's to determine the root of the problem and solve it.